We offer three Wedding Collections and À la Carte options to accommodate your individual wedding photography needs from 8-12 hrs of wedding day coverage. Our collections include two fun-loving photographers, a high resolution print releases, and a photo gallery website to easily view and order photos. We would love to hear more about how you met your soulmate and how you plan to make your wedding as remarkable as you are! Say Hello – let’s make it official.
Senior Collections begin at $595 and include a credit to put towards the purchase of any prints, albums, products, or digital releases. All our pricing is a la carte with no limits in the number of poses or clothing changes. Most of our senior clients invest between $500-$1500 for their custom senior portrait experience. Hair and Makeup services are available and provided by The Bella Zenn Salon Spa & Eco Boutique
Newborn Sessions On Average, clients invest $350-$1000 on their on-location lifestyle and newborn experience. We prefer to capture newborns within the first 7-10 days outside the womb. These session take place in your home and use the natural light that is available. Bedrooms and well-lit nurseries are great locations to photograph your baby. These sessions are a combination of traditional portraiture and editorial lifestyle imagery. Sessions can take up to 3 hrs and include both James & Katie.
Lifestyle Sessions On Average, clients invest $350-$800 on their lifestyle experience. Family lifestyle sessions can take place either on personal locations or you can leave that up to us. We do offer seasonal lifestyle mini-sessions and traditional family portraits upon request.
Commercial Commissions are available for $150/hr. With full, or half day rates. Sports Poster Commissions, which include both design and photography services, from $500 and include a minimum of 100 posters. Please contract us for an estimate.
We are a service-based small business located in the lovely town of Medford, WI. Your investment in your photographs includes our time and our experience. Our goal is not to up-sell you products but rather give you the freedom to order from the comfort of your home without the pressure to buy. We deliver both high quality products and service that come with the premium price of boutique photography. We encourage our clients to print, share, backup, and display their images as much as possible both online and in their home/office. However, we do offer professional printing services, Canvas/Fine Art prints, and anthology-style handcrafted fabric and leather albums. Our collections are designed to be simple and customizable. Your images are in investment and in every way we want you to feel like this was the best decision you have made in preserving your memories and creating a legacy for your family to enjoy for years to come.
Years from now, when the planning and the chaos of life slows, the investment you made in your photographs will be the greatest reminder you will have of all the shared moments, faces, details, and emotions you have experienced throughout life’s beautiful triumphs. What is more powerful than opening a wedding album or baby book and being transported to a time when you felt the greatest love a person can experience; the love for a spouse or a child? We value life and family and photography has given us a way to share our passion with you. We can’t wait to capture a part of your journey!
Katie and I love to travel and our business has taken us across the Atlantic Ocean and the Mid-West. Our Wedding Collections include a base travel, which is explained further in our contract. If you are interested in commissioning us for a destination wedding, please feel free to contact us. Please include as much information as possible to insure an accurate travel quote. For family, senior,& commercial commissions, fifty-mile round-trip travel is included, however, we would be happy to go just about anywhere to meet your needs.
DO YOU GENERALLY SHOOT MORE POSED OR CANDID PHOTOS?
We feel authentic moments make for the best memories and images. Katie and I are blessed to work with couples who allow us the honor of not only capturing their wedding, but becoming their friends – with really nice cameras! This allows us the opportunity to capture the intimate images we love, however, we will often direct our subjects in a way that will allow us to capture the best quality image. Our approach is a balance of artful curation and natural photojournalism. Typically we will pose people for portraits of the family and the bridal party. With two photographers, we capture a combination of both posed and candid images for these as well.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED AND DO YOU TRAVEL?
We live in Medford, which is in north central Wisconsin and we love to travel! We primarily photograph weddings in the Central Wisconsin area, however, Katie and I have traveled as far away as Dublin, Ireland and often travel to Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, & Chicago, for weddings and engagements.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE THE IMAGES AFTER THE WEDDING?
We know how excited you will be to see your wedding images, but we won’t keep you waiting. We like to send our couples previews via social media the week after the wedding.
You will receive your online gallery within 6-8 weeks after your wedding, but generally it is closer to 2-4 weeks. Your collections will arrive shortly thereafter. All our albums are designed with your selection of images and are handmade here in the US. Albums ship within 4-6 weeks after your finalized design.
CAN WE UPGRADE OUR COLLECTIONS IF WE DECIDE WE NEED MORE COVERAGE?
You bet! You don’t need to know exactly which collection you would like to until roughly 90 days before your wedding, however, you’re able to add coverage the day of your wedding and we will simply invoice you accordingly.
ROUGHLY HOW MANY IMAGES DO WE RECEIVE WITH OUR COLLECTION?
Katie and I generally deliver between 500-700 images on a wedding day. Every images you see will have gone through our unique post processing. Studio Edits and retouching is included on any wall portraits and on images printed in your handcrafted album.
CAN I PRINT AND SHARE THE IMAGES FROM OUR WEDDING?
You sure can! In addition to the images, you will receive a release that allows you to do just that. Share away! Our online galleries make this even easier with the ability to download and share with ease.
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE TYPES OF WEDDINGS?
We love working with couples who are as madly in love as we are! No really, Katie loves to tear up at weddings. I personally enjoy working with people who care deeply about their wedding and more importantly their marriage, but are invested in working to help create images that reflect their personality and tell the great story that is their wedding day. In the end, we want our couples to see their day for the beauty that it was.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO BOOK?
We generally book weddings 1 year out from the wedding date.
WHAT DO WE REQUEST FROM OUR COUPLES?
We ask that you give us permission to capture your wedding freely without reservation. Simply, trust us – you’re in good hands! We want to capture your wedding as if it was our own. In order to do that, we request that you give us time to photography you intimately without your wedding party, family, or guests watching. This is the perfect time for just you and your spouse to truly take in what just happened – becoming one.
HOW DO WE BOOK?
We love to get to know our clients to ensure we’re the best fit for your wedding. We would love to chat more about your wedding day hopes and find out what you like to do when you’re not conquering the world or planning a wedding. Usually, this involves the great outdoors!
To reserve your date a deposit of $750 + tax is needed with a signed online contract. No worries if you don’t know all the fine details, we can amend it as you know more. We operate on a first come first serve basis. Can’t wait to answer more of your questions. Get in touch!
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO BOOK?
- Senior clients interested in hair and makeup should book 2-3 months in advance.
- Expecting? We like to photograph newborns within the first 5-10 days of life. Since we rarely know when they are going to arrive, we set a tentative date within a week of your due date.
- The majority of our Lifestyle/Family sessions takes place in the fall and we only take a limited number of these each year. If you are interested, please contact us with your most convenient date and time.
DO YOU OFFER HAIR & MAKEUP?
- YES! We work exclusively with The Bella Zenn Salon & Spa Eco Boutique at 515 N 7th Street, Medford, WI.
- Bella Zenn offers 100% non-toxic, natural hair, skin, nail & body care treatments & products created from organically sourced ingredients!
- We offer styling/hair/makeup built into our Senior Collections, however, we would be happy to collaborate services based around your portrait needs.
- Availability is generally 4-6 weeks in advance. Please contact Bella Zenn directly for more information. Phone:1-715-748-3358 or 1-715-965-1226
WHAT TIME OF DAY SHOULD I EXPECT MY SESSIONS TO TAKE PLACE?
- I like shooting 1-2 hrs before sunset and in the early morning hrs for Newborns. It is crucial that we plan according to the weather, so sometimes we simply might need to reschedule for another day.
DO YOU HAVE ‘PROPS’?
- Each session is custom designed to fit your unique personality or fulfill an aesthetic you’re are looking for. Primarily, for Newborns, we try to incorporate as much of your personal possessions as possible, but still include the basics we feel are essential to delivering high-quality stylized-documentary style portraits.
- We work specifically with local vendors to infuse our shoots with natural products, clothes, and accessories to enhance your experience. For more information on these vendors, please contact me.
WHAT ARE ONLINE PROOFS?
- These are copy-protected images you are able to view online through our custom online ordering site. You are able to purchase the printing rights to either HIGH RESOLUTION or LOW RESOLUTION JPEG files which are delivered to you on a DVD/Flash Drive/Downloadable Online Gallery. This allows to you print/crop these images to a set size, however, it does not authorize you to manipulate or profit from these images in any way.
- Websize images are JPEG files that are sized specifically for the WEB ONLY.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SEE THE IMAGES?
- We allow ourselves 2-4 weeks to cull, edit, upload & deliver your images, however, averages vary based on season and demand. We like to be speedy getting you a preview within the first few days after your shoot. A 1 hrs session usually delivers between 30-50 finished images.
- Senior, Lifestyle, Newborn clients can expect to see their images with a few weeks.
- Orders vary, however, print orders ship overnight and are processed within 2 weeks of your order
- Albums take several weeks to digitally create and 4 weeks to handcraft and ship to your doorstep.
- Order related FAQs are answered in greater detail here:
- Our flush-mount wedding & portrait photo albums are made using the finest archival materials: Fine leathers shipped from Italy, Japanese silk fabrics and natural linens, archival papers & book cloth. Printed on fuji paper with flush-mount album binding. Our albums are handmade from start to finish right here in the USA. These are just some of the characteristics that define our passion for quality. We work with you to design your dream album that will be a keepsake for generations to come.
SET OF ALL THE PROOFS:
- This product is a set of every image from your wedding in its original 4×6 format printed with a 1/8″ white border on our classic Matte paper. Our archival-quality photo boxes are custom designed and handcrafted in the US and is made entirely of American Black Walnut. Created with carefully selected pieces of beautiful wood, the photo box is then hand sanded and meticulously finished with a rich dark brown stain. * Other wood options are available upon request.
FINE ART CANVAS:
- 400 gsm poly-cotton blend matte canvas with archival certification.
Print directly on canvas using a large inkjet printers and wrapped around a stretcher bar.
We offer a wide variety of options for our clients that are not limited to this list, however, many of or clients are most interested in our album designing services and our handmade albums in additional to a variety of wall-art options. Please contact us for a comprehensive list of products we are currently offering. Printing services included a sizes wallet to 30×40 and are created using cutting-edge equipment and printed on the world’s finest photographic paper. We offer an array of beautiful surface modifications and mounting options. Plus, our professional lab of experienced color technicians provide superb color management so that each and every print looks picture perfect. If you’re not satisfied with any of your products, please contact us! We guarantee all of our products and want to insure that what you purchase lasts a lifetime.
Visit our Online Ordering Gallery learn more about more of our custom products and professional print pricing.
Please visit: http://proofs.jamesstokesphotography.com/store/
Please email us for a detailed pdf. containing our pricing collections. We are currently booking weddings for 2017-2018 and Senior Sessions for the Class of 2018.