It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken even if it’s just a photo on an iPhone that is taken by a friend. We still want to look nice, make sure nothing is in our teeth and that our hair is behaving!
I realize that preparing for your engagement session can be a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for outfits and accessories that will make the shoot preparation a little more manageable!
- Don’t try to MATCH…try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. If everyone wore the same exact color at their e-shoot, how boring would those images be?
2. Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces, and fun shoes are always welcomed!
3. MOST PATTERNS are actually ok however, graphics are not favorable for portraits. If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting.
4. Be sure to check out my Pinterest board for more outfit in- spiration if you’re having trouble!
5. Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
6. Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
7. Make sure you’re comfortable with what you’re wearing. And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the number of angles I can shoot from.
8. BE ON TIME! The sun is only out for so long! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! And nobody wants that!
9. Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few ring shots while you change outfits! The cleaner the better!
10. Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this! I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together, and make a date out of it! Plan dinner afterward and celebrate!!